I love Valentine’s Day. Whether it’s a day to celebrate your partner, your friends or even yourself…it’s all about love. In honor of Valentines Day, model Kateryna Saveiko shared her guide to self love with us! Here it is!
Model Kateryna’s Guide to Self Love:
- First things first. “You have to love yourself. When you love yourself other people will love you too.”
- Give yourself the confidence you need. “You should wake up every morning, look in the mirror and say “I’m beautiful.” Tell yourself that you are beautiful. You have a beautiful soul, you have a beautiful heart, you are kind, and you are a great person.”
- Take care of yourself. “Your body will be grateful for you.”
- Have a positive outlook on life. “If you think your life is horrible, then it will be horrible. If you think your life will be great, then it will be great.”
Jenny A: Thank you so much for your guide. So tell me, what is the dating scene like as a model?
Kateryna Saveiko: It’s not easy. In New York, guys don’t take it seriously. You really have to find the right person.
Jenny A: What is the ideal Valentine’s Day present?
Kateryna: Writing a poem for your partner or even making them a collage of pictures.
Jenny A: What is the hardest challenge you’ve faced as a model so far?
Kateryna: Fighting with myself. I always thinking about what I look like… like if I gained weight. I’m always watching myself. I love food but I have to run everyday.
Jenny A: What advice would you give people who struggle with their weight?
Kateryna: Everyone needs to take care of themselves. America is bigger. You have to keep a diet. Even if it’s for 2 – 3 weeks at a time. If you want to live longer, you need to start watching yourself. Your body will be grateful for you.
Jenny A: What was your craziest modeling experience?
Kateryna: When I was 15 years old, we went for a body art festival in Odessa. When we won 3rd place, a Russian agency invited us to work with them for a month in Russia. During that time we went to one of the lakes for 10 days. We lived there in tents. It was the middle of the summer and it rained every day. There were no restrooms and I had mosquito bites everywhere.
During one of the photoshoots, I stepped in an ant hill and there were ants all over my foot! They were crawling all the way up my knee! I was professional about it and finished the shoot.
Jenny A: What do you think about when you walk down the runway?
Kateryna: My body. You have to control your back, your legs, your face…even the muscles in your face! Lots of people are looking at you when you are on the runway. You need to talk with your eyes.
Jenny A: Do you have a goal for this year?
Kateryna: I want to start a modeling blog with my friend who is also a model. Our blog will be about the modeling life in New York. I love this city and I want to help people to see New York positively. People think that the life of a model is easy but, there’s a lot to it. You’re hungry. Your heels aren’t comfortable. Your feet might be bleeding. You have to smile even when feet hurt or you are tired. You always have to be awake and fresh.
3 Fun facts about Kateryna:
- Favorite hobby? Writing Russian poems
- Favorite animated character? Catwoman. She’s strong, sexy, smart and she has her own opinion about everything.
- If she could be a fruit or vegetable she would be… A grape because it can turn into a healthy juice or a fine wine.
Happy Valentine’s Day!