Instagram is one of my favorite social media platforms. Honestly, I love how simple and easy it is to use. Whether you are an aspiring model or a professional model, I think it is really important to have a stellar Instagram profile which reflects your image as a model.
Here are some tips & tricks I believe is the key to having the perfect Instagram:
1) Upload your modeling photos – Most of your posts should be of your work as a model. Don’t post pictures or videos of unrelated things on your Instagram page. You should post pictures that will enhance your image as a model. For example, post your latest photo shoot, not what you did last night.
2) Use a professional photo for your Profile Picture – Use your best head shot. Whether you have a professional head shot or even if you are just starting out and had your grandma take your head shot, make sure you look good.
3) Always give credit where it’s due – When posting a picture or video, make sure to give credit to the photographer. It could be as simple as tagging them in your post or adding them in your caption. You can also give credit to the designer, makeup artist or anyone else who contributed.
4) Be clear – Your Instagram reflects you. Be concise. It should tell other Instagrammers who you are. Always have your real name in the information section. You can also share your location and post direct a link to your website.
5) Engage with other Instagrammers – Be part of the conversation. Like, comment and follow other Instagram accounts that are part of the fashion world. Whether you follow your favorite designers or comment on other models’ photographs, remember to always support each other.